March 11, 2020
KCHH is continuing to follow local and national health department and emergency management situation reports regarding confirmed cases of Coronavirus.
Keeping our families and staff healthy is a community effort. The KCHH policy regarding any/all
illness, including COVID-19, is as follows:
- Therapists/staff members who exhibit any signs/symptoms of illness will not be permitted to come to work or treat patients.
- Standard precautions for healthcare should be followed per KCHH policy, including washing/sanitizing hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds; this includes prior to and during treatment, after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing. If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol.
- Patients who exhibit signs/symptoms of illness, or who have been in contact with an individual who tested positive to COVID-19, should not be seen for treatment; parents should contact clinicians directly to cancel.
- All therapy materials will be sanitized after each use, per KCHH policy.
- Additional universal precautions which are being advised by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention re: COVID-19 are as follows:
-Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
-Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
-Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
-Avoid sharing cups and eating utensils with others.
Additional information on COVID-19 is available by calling the DSHS COVID-19 Call Center: 1-877-570-9779 from 7:00 am to 8:00 pm Monday through Friday, by emailing email@example.com, or by visiting the CDC website.
We will continue to keep you all abreast if any additional information needs to be disseminated.
The KCHH Management Team