Join us for a CEU Opportunity held at the KidsCare Addison Office!
Course: You Are Your Best Tool! presented by Molly McNown, OTR and Life Coach, this CEU will focus on specific techniques derived from information on Emotional Intelligence, Intentional relationship model, cognitive behavioral model, and coaching model to improve communication and relationships.
Date: Friday, September 13th from 9:00am – 4:30pm with a one hour lunch and two 15 min breaks
Location: KidsCare Addison Office
Cost: This CEU is very hands-on and allows for substantial practice during the course. It is very affordable at $150 for 6 hours.
Register: Contact Molly directly at email@example.com. She will arrange payment of $150 with you via Zelle (214-315-3815), paypal (paypal.me/MMcNown), or check made directly to Molly McNown. Payment to be made prior to the course.
Presented By: Molly McNown has been an occupational therapist for 18 years treating in various pediatric settings around the country as well as having over five years’ experience in management and four years as a professor in an OTA program. She is also a certified professional coach. She has combined her love of health professions and coaching to create CEU courses around therapeutic communication, mindfulness, stress management, etc. Fun fact is that she lives in a tiny home on wheels!
Description: Job burnout, not meeting patient outcomes, handling large caseloads, inability to optimally function in a professional team, upset patients and families, personal issues bleeding into the workplace are just a few issues that are facing therapists today. They can keep us from feeling as passionate as we once were about our career, being effective as clinicians and colleagues, and being able to manage our personal lives. There is a way to remedy these and other blocks that therapists face and that is through EFFECTIVE COMMUNICATION. We all communicate but are we effective communicators. Being an effective communicator means we have self-awareness, are empathetic, can actively listen, can easily establish trust, and are aware of all parts of communication (verbal & nonverbal) and can successfully use them to self-regulate. These communication skills can not only help us be better at therapeutic use of self, but also foster better relationships in general to allow for more engagement in all areas of our lives or occupations. This CEU will focus on specific techniques (derived from information on Emotional Intelligence, Intentional relationship model, cognitive behavioral model, coaching model, etc.) to improve in all areas mentioned above and will allow for substantial practice during the course.
- By the end of the course, each participant will be able to identify parts of effective communication.
- By the end of the course, each participant will be able to identify areas of strength and areas for growth in terms of their own communication abilities AND establish personal goals in their area(s) of growth.
- By the end of the course, each participant will be able to demonstrate techniques to be more empathetic.
- By the end of the course, each participant will be able to demonstrate techniques to be more active listening.
- By the end of the course, each participant will be able to demonstrate techniques to quickly establish trust.
- By the end of the course, each participant will be able to demonstrate techniques for effective nonverbal and verbal communication.
- By the end of the course, each participant will be able to practice effective communication with hypothetical and personal scenarios to develop more comfortability and to combine new techniques.
- By the end of the course, each participant will be able to discuss various traits they possess that impact effective communication in both productive and nonproductive ways to demonstrate more self-awareness to improve self-regulation regarding communication.
OT: “You are your best tool! Ways to ignite better communication to foster therapeutic and other relationships is a TOTA Approved Course from October 20, 2018 to October 20, 2019—Course #449-01.”
PT: Approval from 1/1/19 to 1/1/20 for course. Course approval is 65116TX